The Marketing Manager of the New Haven Symphony Orchestra is a member of the management team reporting to the Executive Director. The Marketing Manager plans, implements, manages, and evaluates a comprehensive marketing effort to support regional orchestra performances and an extensive education program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and execute all marketing initiatives to achieve annual earned income goals and support the NHSO brand. Efforts include public relations, advertising, promotion, season subscription renewal and acquisition campaigns, direct mail, merchandising, audience research, in-kind donations of media, and special projects.
- Assist the Executive Director and the Board of Directors in establishing annual and long-range goals, budgets, projections, and plans for all marketing campaigns and initiatives. Monitor monthly progress toward goals.
- Work closely with the Board, and in particular the Audience Development Committee, to continuously research, cultivate, and solicit new sources of earned revenue.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with area media contacts as well as business and community leaders. Develop new prospects in each category.
- Oversee maintenance of press lists, write press releases, assure timeliness of communications, and follow up with editors.
- Direct interns and volunteers in all marketing endeavors.
- Manage creation and production of print and electronic materials including e-newletter, season brochure, program books, digital advertising, print ads and collateral.
- Coordinate production of printed materials with vendors.
- Ensure quality, consistency, and accuracy of all NHSO communications.
- Manage the NHSO website, including maintenance and updates, and update internet calendars.
- Manage all social networking for the NHSO including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Additional duties include IT liaison and to assist with box office and finance needs in managers’ absence.
- Represent the NHSO by attending civic and cultural events in the community and making presentations as requested.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required; 1-3 years of marketing experience preferred.
- Familiarity with web-editing and graphic design software.
- Superb communication skills, both written and oral.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to cultivate strong interpersonal relationships and to articulate the NHSO’s mission to a wide range of audiences in a variety of ways.
- Enthusiasm for working collaboratively with a dedicated team.
Hours and Compensation
- This is a full-time position with competitive benefits. Some evening/weekend hours required. Positive and flexible team environment. Salary commensurate with experience.
About the Organization
Through its live performances of classical music and education programs, the New Haven Symphony Orchestra aspires to exceed expectations, unite communities, challenge, delight, and inspire. We change lives, for the better.
The Vision of the New Haven Symphony Orchestra is to celebrate our classical music heritage, enriched through new American compositions, by expanding opportunities for symphonic performances and music education. We will celebrate this Vision through:
- Live performances centered on symphony and pops concerts, supplemented by chamber and ensemble performances by orchestra members and guest artists;
- Promotion of new works by American composers-in-residence and composers well-versed in Asian, African and Latin traditions, including performances of their works;
- Support of youth and community orchestras and classical music education;
- Performances for children and families that introduce the classical music heritage and the major forms of its presentation; and
- Social networks and other media that enhance accessibility to classical music and its interpretation.
How to Apply:
Submit a resume and cover letter detailing experience with the requirements described above to:
Marketing Manager Search
New Haven Symphony Orchestra
105 Court Street, Suite 302
New Haven, CT 06511
The NHSO is looking for experienced Front of House Managers for performances throughout the region for its 2013-2014 season. Concerts take place in New Haven, Hamden, Shelton, Madison and other areas in the region. Competitive hourly wages. Please submit résumé and references to Aric Isaacs, General Manager.